Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gearing Up for Spring: Snakes, Birthdays, and Chicken Coop Demo

The last two weeks have been pretty quiet all things considering. Nellie found a baby snake which led Andy to find another coming IN OUR HOUSE through tiny holes in the front door's frame. Needless to say he filled those within minute. Luckily there have been no more snakes (at least that we've seen). He also knocked over the chicken coop, cleaned up the mess, and is in the process right now of burning what is left of the wood. No snakes in the chicken coop this spring!

Before
Now
 
 Easy Clean-up When You Live in the County


I worked outside for the whole of 10 minutes yesterday, but I accomplished what I set out to do. There was  ugly white wire decorative fencing in the front flowerbed and I dug it out and rolled it up for Andy to deal with later. I have Easter flowers coming up in the flower bed right now. I think I will wait till they bloom, pick some, and then transplant them either around a tree in the front yard or along the front fence row when all the dead rosebushes get cut out... Does it matter when you transplant them? Can you just dig them out carefully and move them anywhere after they've bloomed or am I too late to do this this year?

I doubt I'll get much accomplished next weekend; I am opening the church rummage sale by 7:30 am and then going to Grahmmy Bear's 1st Birthday party. I figure I'll be too full of sweets to feel like gardening! I know what I want in my garden, we're really just waiting on that homeowner's incentive to come in. If we're lucky we'll have it by April, but it's been taking longer and longer for them to pay out...

No comments:

Post a Comment