I actually finished this over a week ago, but am just now getting around to posting pics! Word to the wise; this is not a one night project like I had anticipated! Plan to use a whole Saturday or a whole week of evenings if you plan to DIY one of these babies...
First I had to take apart the pattern mom made me (thanks mom!) and cut out the paisley...
This will be the top of the cover...
More pieces getting cut...
and the finished product...
The corners need to be taken in a little (the lining made them a little thick), but I finally got it on! It looks so good in front of the couch, and really brightens the room up! Next up I have to pull the stuffing out of the old cushions and recover them as well as make a valance for the double window. I am officially a paisley fanatic! Now all I have to do is get Andy to drag those black shelves outside, sand them down, paint them white, and have him drag them back in on either side of the fireplace. Then the living room will be ready for decorating!
No comments:
Post a Comment