We'd been holding out on replacing the infamous blue toilet until we could get around to remodeling the master bath; it's a small room and it seemed like less trouble to just do it once rather than pull it out, put in a new one, pull the new one out... until the toilet decided not to cooperate. First it would just take forever for the tank to refill, then it wouldn't refill and just run, then, when Andy was out of town, it started "ghost flushing" in the middle of the night. I shut off the water to it and called it good. He got home and decided he wasn't messing with changing out parts and wondering if it was fixed. Sunday afternoon we purchased an $88 toilet from Home Depot. Tonight I got home from shopping to find him putting the lid on the blue toilet... on the front porch. Sound familiar?
I remember a time when people weren't sure they were at our house after the white toilet was removed.
I got excited based on past experience, knowing the toilet was in the house...
This wasn't what I expected, but he's working on it now. He had to remove the tack board from behind the toilet (I couldn't get to it when I pulled the carpet up). He's been saying he wants a picture of us with the toilet to be our Christmas card photo... I'm not sure if he's joking, but I am very excited that Spring clean-up weekend should be approaching soon... hopefully very soon! This one stands out a little more than the last one!
On a side note, we will be replacing the windows (hopefully) this month! Uncle Sam took waaay too much of our money last year and was kind enough to give it back last month without interest. Hopefully it will cut down on the electric bills and cease the waterfall that appears in our bedroom every time it rains. Stay tuned for pics of that!
On a side note, we will be replacing the windows (hopefully) this month! Uncle Sam took waaay too much of our money last year and was kind enough to give it back last month without interest. Hopefully it will cut down on the electric bills and cease the waterfall that appears in our bedroom every time it rains. Stay tuned for pics of that!
I just realized how old the other photo was... we hadn't even closed in the carport!
ReplyDelete