Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Technically I think we've just about skipped Spring and just hit what I guess is "Summer with Allergies," but I set out over the weekend to do a little Spring cleaning in the flower bed. I was just going to weed it, but the lumber was rotting and it took more weeding than expected... the next thing I knew I was ripping the whole thing out. 
It was a little more than my shoulders could take, so there is still some rotted lumber half in the ground on the far side, but I'll let Andy deal with that. I left the Easter flowers and the four o'clocks (I hope, they look like weeds to me before they bloom) to transplant in the fall, but there really isn't much else in there. We plan to put some river rock next to the door and have one or two statement pieces with mulch or river rock lining the flower bed someday. This fall I will dig up the Easter flowers and my poor irises that don't get enough sun to bloom and plant them facing the road up front where they will get plenty of light and room to grow.

I included this one just because it's pretty. I love spider wart! I wish they could've come up with a better name, but they add a lovely pop of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment